I Miss Maxell XL-II's
Let me count the reasons why I love NYC Taper
1) Deerhunter @ (le)Poission Rouge
2) Built to Spill performing Perfect From Now On @ T5.
3) Dinosaur Jr.'s monstrous opening set from that evening @T5.
4) Sigur Ros @ the United Palace Theatre. Both Nights.
5) Atlas Sound's woozy set opening for Stereolab
6) Kria Brekkan's stunning set at the Lutheran Church down the block. (And accompanying video of Olof Arnalds breastfeeding/singing a lullaby to her son)
and last, but surely not least, nor last for that matter.
7)of Montreal's Caligula-esque performance @ Roseland
As always, everything is also available as FLAC. If that's not motivation to upgrade your broadband speed and pick up a new external hard drive, I'm not sure what is. NYC Taper also has a CMJ Showcase at Cake Shop, Thursday October 23 from 3pm-7pm. Don't you love Free day parties during CMJ, best excuse ever to call in sick.