Monday, November 24, 2008

we saw: Stars of the Lid

"Tired Sounds Of..."
(Photo by The Roaring Twenties)
As expected Stars of the Lid took everyone to the astral plane on Friday night. A heavy combo of ethereal arrangements and intergalactic visualizations made me doze off a few times, but in the best way possible. Not only that but SOTL finished with the epic opus "December Hunting for Vegetarian Fuck Face." Mort's text to me, twelve and a half hours after the show ended, sums it up perfectly: "WOW! That was incredible. Felt like I was on another planet." Me too, Morto.


(Photo by Mercurian)

Stars of the Lid 12/15/2007 Prague, Czech Republic

1 comment:

OldDankBeard said...

Have you heard of Dent May and his Magnificent Ukulele? Signed to Paw Tracks, he lives in a trailer somewhere in Mississippi. Animal Collective discovered him when recording Merriweather Post Pavilion in Oxford, MS. Bound to be the hottness of '09.

(did I just get one passed you, I think I did)