Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bobkast #19: Where Do I Start, Where Do I Begin

"Maybe I'm a stupid fool / Chasing butterflies like you"Believe it or not this bobkast began with mostly new songs. In the end however, only the Rosebuds, Juana Molina, and Chad VanGaalen survived. It brings me great comfort to think that should the world turn out like Footloose or that goofy Queen musical, we've at least stockpiled enough good music to last us a few more years.

So in honor of all things fall (mainly snare brushes, sonic swelling, and acoustic rhythm intros) I bring you the 19th installation of The Bobkast. Take this one for the cold walk home on a windy November.

Bobkast #19: Where Do I Start, Where Do I Begin
Annuals - Brother
The Rosebuds - Hello Darling
Juana Molina - Vive Solo
Destroyer - European Oils
Clem Snide - Evil vs. Good
Iron & Wine & Calexico - 16, Maybe Less
Devendra Banhart - Korean Dogwood
The National - Green Gloves
Howling Bells - I'm Not Afraid
Radiohead - Gagging Order
Badly Drawn Boy - Camping Next To Water
Califone - The Orchids
The Chemical Brothers - Where Do I Begin?
Swan Lake - Widow's Walk
Chad VanGaalen - Molten Light
Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Honey Child What Can I Do?

Bobkast #19: Where Do I Start, Where Do I Begin (Download: PC- right click + save as; Mac- option + click)