Monday, September 29, 2008

new: Koushik

"Feels Like I've Been Here Before"

We're really excited about Koushik's Out My Window, which finally drops on Stones Throw today. As expected, Out My Window is a stoner's lament, a hazy mix of sunshine drenched slow funk, sexy soul, lo-fi bedroom beats and tambourine shaking pysch-pop. My only qualm is that I really wish I had it all summer for walks through steamy industrial parks and afternoons sleeping in McCarren. If you cop the record from Stones Throw, they'll throw in a 45 for A1. A must have for fans of Caribou, MadLib, The Zombies and late night blunt sessions. Oh, and while we're on the Koushik tip, the producer/dj will be spinning at APT on Friday (10/3) from 11pm-3am. See ya there post-Hot Chip.

Koushik- Lying In The Sun


Koushiks Fader Mix - Koushik

No comments: