Wednesday, May 30, 2007

nu musik: Art Brut

"Look at us, we formed a band!"

When Bang Bang Rock and Roll was released in the spring of 2005 we were immediately won over by Art Brut's frank, clever wittisisms. On "Good Weekend," a song about a new girlfriend, lead Brut Eddie Argo belts "I've seen her naked twice! I've seen her NAKED...TWICE!" Art Brut's kitsch-y power punk-pop is unflincingly honest and funny as fuck, giving many a youngster reason to pogo and giggle. Some other classick Art Brut lyrics:

"Modern Art Makes me wanna rock out!"
"Got myself a brand new girlfriend, so many messages to send"
"I can't stand the sound of the Velvet Underground"
"I want to be the man who writes the song that makes Israel and Palestine get along"

Their newest single, "Nag Nag Nag Nag," picks up right where they left off, opening with the lyric "Wet Trousers in the Washing Machine/ I'd rather be damp than seen in Jeans." Suffer for fashion, indeed. Their new record, It's a Bit Complicated, drops June 19th. Check it out "Nag Nag Nag Nag" below.

Art Brut- Nag Nag Nag Nag (It's A Bit Complicated out 6/19)

No comments: