Saturday, November 3, 2007

Glass Candy/Blog Fresh/Friendship!


Tuesday the 16th of October was the first day of CMJ and like we've said a few times before (and will do at least once more) we were at the Bowery Ballroom for the Brooklyn Vegan Showcase featuring the Rosebuds, Voxtrot, Shaky Hands, bon Iver, Dean & Britta and the Most Serene Republic (Miracle Fortress was not allowed through the border!). At some point during the evening, after Charles convinced me we need some Patron XO shots, I headed to the bathroom to do what people do in the bathroom. Like any drunk with dancing feet, I had late night on my mind and knew where I was headed...James Murphy at Hiro. Problem was I couldn't remember where the hell the Hiro Ballroom was. Luckily there was a line at the dude's bathroom to ask some peeps. I politely asked the guy in front of me who said "14th between 1st and 2nd." "Thanks alot man, 'preciate it." Tap tap on the shoulder from the guy behind me. "Actually it's 16th between 8th and 9th." I got real lucky he overheard me getting bunk info. A few minutes later I spotted the fellow with the correct address at the bar and had the bartender send him a drink on the Bobka. It was then, after a few minutes of geek rock talk, that I discovered the aforementioned corrector of bad addresses was Bill, the man in charge of Blog Fresh Radio since Ms. Alex went back to grad school.
Long story short, last week Bill gave me a shout and had me spit some ish for the latest edition of Blog Fresh Radio, which as you know is pretty much the best 45 minutes of each week (truth). We chatted about Glass Candy. You can hear all this nonsense HERE.

Glass Candy
Brooklyn Vegan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh.. informative thoughts

Anonymous said...

Well I acquiesce in but I dream the collection should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Again a honesty a possessions post. Because of your friend