Friday, November 16, 2007

Daft Punk: ALIVE!

"Television / Rules the Nation"

Last night I suffered one of the most terrifying nightmares of my life: Daft Punk was playing in my town, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not make it to the venue. To the uninitiated, this might not sound like a big deal. But those who are familiar with the spectacle that is Daft Punk Live can understand the horror of my sleep-induced trauma.

And as sad as I am that I did not get to see Daft Punk 'one more time' (pun intended), I am glad that I will be able to partially relive the concert experience when ALIVE 2007 hits the States in early December. Recorded in front of 18,000 screaming Parisians in July, the live disc features a mash-up of the duo's greatest hits, but inexplicably does not come with a DVD. Instead, we must settle for the official music video for the lead single "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" (above), which was shot in Brooklyn by the fans and is an excellent representation of the live DP experience. As a bonus, check out the beyond-classic video for "Around the World" off of the Homework LP.

Daft Punk- Around the World

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers go out to you in your hour of distress.

A few months back a mate told me Daft Punk were playing in Houston.
Needless to say I was online within 2 minutes to buy tickets and plan my trip. Super excited does not describe it.
When I checked online I found out that it was a showing of 'Alive' at a film festival.
I havent talked to my mate since!
;-)